Featured content on your website is a great way to reach your customers and community with the phone book opt-out message. Here’s some sample content that can be tailored to fit on your landing page or on a stand-alone page within your site. Feel free to customize as needed and use images to make the page more engaging.
Tired of Receiving Phone Books on your Doorstep?
Opt out of Phone Book Delivery Today!
In this technology-driven age, an increasing number of Americans are turning to online search engines while their phone books sit unused, yet yellow pages companies continue to drop unwanted directories on our doorsteps. These directories are not only a nuisance, but a significant waste of resources:
- Each year the phone books industry uses up an estimated 4.68 million trees worth of wood fiber, or 14 football fields’ worth of forest per day.
- The process of printing and delivering that unwanted phone book to your doorstep produces greenhouse gases equal to burning 8.8 pounds of coal.
- Directories are a burden on local governments, who pay nearly $60 million annually in recycling and disposal fees for unwanted phone books.
[Agency/City/organization] is joining forces with the Product Stewardship Institute to raise awareness about this important environmental issue and to encourage people to opt out of phone book deliveries. Opting out is free, fast, and easy—and it makes a huge impact!
By opting out of receiving a phone book, you can quickly reduce your environmental footprint and send an important message to publishers about wasteful distribution. Join the national #GetOffMyDoorstep campaign and opt out today!
How Do I Opt Out of my Phone Book?
1. Visit yellowpagesoptout.com
2. Enter your zip code and create an account
3. After completing registration, click "opt out of or order directories"
4. Choose "opt out of all" option, then "save changes" and hit CONFIRM
It’s free, easy, and takes just 3 minutes!
Did you use this Toolkit to promote opt-out to your residents or networks? Take our brief, 2-minute survey and let us know how we can improve this resource. We appreciate your feedback!